Monday, April 16, 2012

MAYbe I'll Stop Slacking





Hello Friends,




I know, I know, I know. I've been The Bad Lola. I've been a lousy blogger and, worse, a bad bloggy friend. 


I'm sorry. I sincerely miss you.


My defense is: lack of time. I've been laser focused on my new WIP. Trust me, my kid and husband (and house and yard and friends...and hygiene) are ALL being neglected. 


So, on that note, my good friend Sara McClung (who is ashamed because she 'only' has 12 posts for the year...uh, I can beat that. Try 3. Yeah. This post will make 4. I'm averaging one post a month.) (Saraboo, I win the Loser Award...by a landslide.), anyway, Sara came up with a delightful plan for May to get her blogging back on track. 
And then she emailed a few of her friends to see if we wanted to do/host it with her. Most of us said YES. Including me. 


And now we are inviting YOU to join us.


Here's the (easy and laid back) 411:






Blog Me MAYbe is a weekly blog format for the month of May, an easy schedule (see below) with topics built right in. 
Of course, if posting every day sounds like too much, or if you miss a few days (I will), or only do a couple posts a week, no biggie. Blog Me MAYbe is all about ease and fun! NO PRESSURE. 


You don’t have to worry about following every blogger who participates or commenting on everyone’s daily posts (though if you want to do that, feel free!). 
The intent of Blog Me MAYbe isn’t to gain followers — although that could very well happen – but to branch out, make a few new friends, share information, and get into the habit of posting regularly and into the head space where ideas for blog posts flow freely.


Okay, the schedule:



  • Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
    • This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!
  • Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
    • Pretty self-explanatory… Share something about yourself that your followers might not know. Or, maybe they do. It doesn’t matter–this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better. 
  • Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
    • Ask your followers something about themselves.
  • Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
    • Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who’s fascinating. A character from a book. Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative, but let the spotlight shine on someone else!
  • Fridays: May I share something funny?
    • Fridays = The start of the weekend… BOOYA! A reason to celebrate and laugh on its own — plus, who doesn’t want to see something amusing after a long week?
Fun, right?! I’m one of the hosts, as are: SaraCambriaTraceyJessicaKatyAlexandra, and Alison
You don't have to officially sign up (because we're chill like that), but if you want to, here's the Mr. Linky. (if mine doesn't work, Sara has a Mr. Linky.) We'd love for you to join us!






Blog Me MAYbe begins on the first of May, so check back here (or, visit any of the bloggers listed above) for more information.

Also, on a completely different note, THANK YOU to so many of you for the lovely birthday cards (<--I shall save them all, I love them so much.) and emails and texts and phone calls and tweets and FB posts wishing me a happy birthday. I feel so very blessed and grateful. 


You made my birthday special. THANK YOU for being so marvelous... and in my life. 


How is your April going? Your writing? 




Love,
Lola 


20 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Oh, yikes! I missed your birthday. Hope you had a good one.

It'll be nice to see you back in a regular way in May!

Alison Miller said...

So excited to be doing this with you!

Sara McClung said...

<3 <3 <3 I'm glad you had a good bday! We're still SO celebrating the next time we're together. I have a lil something for ya ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you, Lola!
I think I will spend May recuperating from April's A to Z Challenge.

Alison Pearce Stevens said...

Hmm. I'll think about this--it sounds like fun! Sadly, I'm afraid that even if I did well in May, I'd fall of the wagon once summer vacation starts for my kids.
Time, you foul fiend!

Lindsay N. Currie said...

I think I'm in and I'VE MISSED YOU:) Welcome back, my dear! XOXOXO

cherie said...

Sounds like a fun blogfest, but as I'm already doing the A to Z blogging challenge this April, I probably need the whole month of May to recuperate. But best of luck to you and the other participants!!

Oh, and belated Happy Birthday!

Old Kitty said...

Well I already only blog once a week and am loving it so whereas I won't be joining I'll certainly be reading!

Hello lovely Lola!! Take care
x

Summer Frey said...

I only have 10, so Sara is beating me too.

Mebbe I'll join up. I'll be footloose and fancy-free by then, or at least for a few weeks of May...

Katy said...

Very much looking forward to May, thanks in large part to this blogfest. Should be lots of fun!

Kelly Polark said...

I'm posting less and less on my writing blog, too. Though I guess I am posting once a week on my Book Rec blog, so I won't be too hard on myself. :P
I'm so tempted to join along in May. I just MAY have to!

Sarah Ahiers said...

What what what?! More posts from you? Yay!!! Exciting times ahead!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like fun! :) Love Sara and love this idea!

Lola Sharp said...

I hope y'all join us in May! It's the lazy person's blogfest. ;)

Tiana Smith said...

What a fun idea. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about it :)

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

How exactly did I miss your brithday???? I am a bad turdy friend. Boooo! Next year I'll be sure to send you a llama or something to make up for not sending a card.

But I hope you had a wonderful birthday, dear. And no worries about not blogging. It is what it is. I'm glad you're focusing on your writing.

Christina Lee said...

Look at you getting all blog organized over here! :D :D :D

Munir said...

I like the way the word "may is used for the month of May.
Lack of time can do it, rob us our our hobby of reading and writing. Keep it up though, it is fun.

Tameka said...

Awww Happy Belated Birthday and thanks for stopping by!

city said...

thanks for sharing.

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

music inspires me

music inspires me

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.