Friday, December 16, 2011
3:57 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
I'm sorry I've not been around lately (except for the briefest of pop-ins on The Twitter). I've been beyond busy, as I am sure you've been as well.
I have missed you.
|book trees make me happy :)|
So. I've been busy.
After completing Nano, I donned my elf hat and commenced with getting my badass festive on.
I finished all my Christmas decorating by the first week of December (I only did 5 trees this year, but still, I decorate THE ENTIRE HOUSE, inside and out, front and back, upstairs and down, bathrooms, hallways, bedrooms, even the garage.). And, last week I finished gift shopping and card writing and card sending! Not bad, yeah?
|yes, this is our main tree this year.|
Not everything is wrapped yet, but some things have made it under the tree (as you can see above). (true, more things in bags than wrapped, but hey, a girl needs time to party, too, right?)
(And there has been much partying on the weekends! And much more to come.)
Oh, that reminds me! This:
Lola's Grinch Punch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 15 drops neon green food coloring
- 1 liter bottle lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 cups of vodka, chilled
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- (do step 1 the night before)
- 1) In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2) Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring, soda, sparkling wine, and vodka. Top with scoops of ice cream. Serves: 15-20 drinks
Then somewhere between scooping the cat box and rearranging faux snow around a tablescape, my thoughts took a random and weird turn, as thoughts often do...
I wonder if that toad my husband accidentally weed-whacked (and we used cornstarch to stanch the bleeding before releasing) lived?
Did he make it back to his little toad abode and make toady love and toady tadpoles?
Man, I hope a hawk didn't swoop down and eat him.
I wonder if hawks think toads taste like chicken?
And so my thoughts go.
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ▼ 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (96)
Powered by Blogger.