Saturday, July 23, 2011
2:37 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
I know, I know. I've been away from the bloggy-verse for too long. Longer than I intended.
I've missed you.
I've been busy and inspired and...busy.
I have so many random things floating around in my head to tell you about.
(and we're NOT going to talk about the raging inferno of a heat wave outside my door and likely yours too.)
Where to even begin?
1) I know you love to read as much as I do, thus, prepare to love me for telling you about THIS site--> www.bookholder.com Life changing, I tell you. LIFE CHANGING.
2) Would you like some free storyboard templates? Yes? (trust me, you do. You'll thank me later for this site too) Go here--> http://www.printablepaper.net/category/storyboard
|but there are LOTS to choose from.|
3) I've long been obsessed (and have done many posts on them) with gypsy caravans.
I dream of having one in my backyard as my own little
(further justification: it could double as a guest cottage, too.)
|très romantique, no?|
|source via flickr gipsy bazar|
|click on photo to see larger|
|Fantastical! Are you not inspired to write in one of these?|
|LOVE this bohemian purple a green...pretty!|
|don't you want to write in here?|
|My dogs and cat would *love* hanging out here with me!|
|Love love love the pillowed swing... and fire pit|
|*LOVES* *drools* *NEEDS*|
|click to see larger...and droolage.|
Yeah. I'll stop now before you have me committed for being the cray-cray.
4) I've received many emails and tweets asking for pictures and such from our vacation. First, let me say the timing of going to Harry Potter World right before the final movie was perfection. It amped the excitement and immersed us deep into Harry's world.
|The outside of Hogwarts..inside is the BEST ride EVER: The Forbidden Journey.|
Worth the price of admission just for this ride alone.
|my daughter and my husband (on right) and random strangers (on left)|
|daughter wishing she had her invitation to Hogwarts|
|daughter wishing she could buy Hermione's dress. (sadly, it's just a display; not for sale)|
|daughter with Belle inside the castle.|
|husband with Aurora inside castle|
5) Thank you JK Rowling for giving us Harry Potter. It has been an amazing journey.
|Neville saves the day!|
If these don't inspire you to dream big, to create new fantastical worlds, I don't know what will.
Tell me about your dreams. I care about them.
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ▼ 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (98)
Powered by Blogger.