Tuesday, March 1, 2011
1:35 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
1) Magic happened this morning, friends! Lolapalooza type magic.
Magic akin to puppy kisses and rainbow cake...
|My birthday is coming up...boy-howdy do I want one of these!|
I opened my blog to start this post and before I finished typing the title I received an email response back from the winner.
Because she already owns Noah Lukeman's The First Five Pages (part of the prize), she asked if she could Pay it Forward by accepting only the Philosophy goodies and the Lola nail polish...and allow me to choose another winner for the book. (she asked to be kept anonymous)
I reminded her that she could accept the book with the other gifts and give it away on her blog, or to one of her writing friends. She wanted ME to be able to choose another winner. She wanted me to have that pleasure. Magic, that.
The winner of a copy of The First Five Pages is...
THANK YOU to everyone who joined in the fun. I'm honored.
2) For all you YA book lovers (and because I like to help pimp and support fellow writers, especially debuts), today's YA releases:
LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker @LandLroecker,
CLARITY by Kim Harrington @Kim_Harrington,
FALLING UNDER by Gwen Hayes @GwenHayes,
BETRAYAL by Lee Nichols @LeeXNichols, DEMONGLASS by Rachel Hawkins @LadyHawkins,
SEAN GRISWOLD'S HEAD by Lindsay Leavitt @lindsey_leavitt
3) Please consider buying (at least some) books from a brick and mortar bookstore. I don't want to know a world without quality bookstores and tangible, pretty, pretty books.
4) Badass uber talent (and the inspiration for so much of my writing),
Trent Reznor won an Oscar!!! I almost lost my shizz! He so deserved the win.
5) Someone needs to lock up Charlie Sheen (and his tiger blood), before he spontaneously combusts, splattering all over his porno skanks, thus starting the spread of the zombie apocalypse. He's like ground zero. Dude's GONE.
Happy March and happy writing! (I'm crawling back into my writing cave. Send cake. And dirty martinis, pleaseandthankyou.)
Wazzup with you?
Read/buy any great books lately?
Write anything great lately?
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ▼ March (4)
- ► 2010 (98)
Powered by Blogger.