Wednesday, January 26, 2011
10:25 AM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
1) I've been working on revisions of novel #3 and will be spotty around the interwebs the next few weeks as I finish polishing it to hand off to my brilliant CPs.
2) I have a shiny new header and pages/tabs above (courtesy of Carolyn) (didn't she do a lovely job?!), but the pages are empty. I'll be working on them, too, over the next few days. Still tinkering, with the help of friends, as I'm technologically challenged. (aren't our blogs always a work in progress?) (I need to learn HTML) (that's never gonna happen) (I hate using the word 'never') (but perhaps in this case it will work some kind of reverse psychology magic on me thus insuring I actually make the time to learn it) (please, who am I kidding?)
3) We're getting pummeled with snow here in NJ. This should put me in a cozy writing zone, but the Kid and Husband are home due to massive storm. Thus, I *might* treat myself and go the lazy route, flop on the couch and have me a viewing marathon watching this:
|I love Captain Tightpants|
Or maybe this:
|I also love Mick|
4) It appears I'm in the mood to watch shows that only lasted one season. But, in both cases, I am of the opinion that those TV execs should be flayed.
5) There were some pretty raunchy images for 'flayed'. I spared you, dear friends.
6) I am apparently the place blog awards go to die. It's not that I'm ungrateful, for I truly am honored. I am just ridiculously busy and behind on everything.
But here are links to some of the generous and thoughtful writer friends who have recently awarded me, please give them a visit:
I owe a few more people, but I'll do them in my next post.
7) Remember over the summer when my daughter brought home this bony, sickly, scrawny stray kitten?
Well, she's a 6-month-old fat lazy cow of a cat now and looks like this:
8) Did you know that when a book is open the right page is called a recto and the left page (or flip side of the recto) is called the verso? Rectos are always odd-numbered, versos always even-numbered.
9) I ♡ you. I'm so grateful to be a writer in this century, where I have access to all of you. Thanks for being in my life.
10) Please tell me how your writing is going. What's new with you?
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ▼ 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (96)
Powered by Blogger.