Wednesday, October 6, 2010
2:57 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
1. October is one of my favorite months. (I even love the NFL going pink for breast cancer)
2. Especially for writing. The weather is lovely and atmospheric...
3. and maybe because of Halloween I can feel free to dive into my dark side, let my inner goth girl out to play. Angsty, atmospheric writing is FUN.
4. I love to decorate the house all creeptastic (will post pictures of my Halloween decorations later this week) with faux body parts and ravens and such. (I enjoy decorating for every holiday and any theme/party/event)
5. And dressing up for Halloween! LOVE. This year Husband is going to be Poe (Faux Poe) and I'm going to be a fortune telling gypsy from Poe's time period (early-mid 1800s). We have a really tricked out party to attend on the 16th...I'll take pictures for you!
6. Husband, Kid and I have a 'game' where we come up with 10 adjectives that describe each other. They always tell me my #1 adjective is: FESTIVE. I love that they think that!
7. I'm STILL in Revision Hell on WiP #3. (Send help... or at least some snacks...cocktails.)
8. I know a few of you have recently joined me in the RH (welcome to Satan's lair). This is the blistering pit of torture where killing all your characters seems the only way out. Where every semicolon and emdash gets analyzed to the point of hair-pulling, your whiteboard has diagrams that even Russell Crow can't figure out, your walls (and body) are covered in colored post-it notes and your coffee intake has led to disturbing eyelid twitches.
Your thoughtful spot has become an in-patient mental hospital.
I also know a few of you LOVE revisions (Heavenly Revisions?) but don't care for the first draft writing. This boggles my mind. I love the freedom of the first draft; the falling in love with my characters and experiencing their journey.
9. Somewhere around the 3rd draft the Shiny has worn off. I'm tired of revisiting/rewriting that damn chapter 16 for the 21,364th time. I dislike searching for the ripple effects from every change made. I hate how I fester, fester, fester over EVERY single detail and word choice.
10. I love that we all have different approaches and processes.
11. Twitter has become my latest Procrastination Technique.
12. And my only source of news.
13. I'm excited to do Nano again this year. I get to play with a Shiny New Idea!
14. We are watching the Glee Season 1 DVDs in nightly marathons. So much FUN. This season is great too, thus far. Last week's Britney episode was the shizz. Grilled Cheesus last night was okay. It got a bit serious for my taste. I like the funny.
Guess what?!! On the 18th they're doing Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!! *jumps up and down*
15. Bitty Kitty should be renamed TROUBLE. Her favorite thing to do is sharpen her claws on my 15 y.o. jade plant and scale up the curtains. My favorite thing to do is squirt her with our strategically placed squirt guns. She's a terror. I LOVES her.
16. I miss True Blood. (Oh Eric, how I miss you!)
17. Next week's Castle will be Steampunked!!!! With a tricked out DeLorean!
18. These are the two songs on repeat while I rewrote that rascally ch. 16:
19. I miss you. Sorry I haven't been around much. I'm trying hard to finish these revisions so I can get it
20. I LOVE my CP's.
21. And, I love YOU.
22. I'll still be unplugged (mostly) for a while. MUST FINISH REVISIONS. I miss you so much.
23. In the words of Oingo Boingo (oh, and yeah, FDR might have mentioned it), there's nothing to fear but fear itself.
Be fearless, friends!
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- ▼ October (6)
Powered by Blogger.