Friday, August 20, 2010
1:01 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
First, a quick reminder...
Today is the LAST DAY to enter my weird and wonderful
Whatever Lola Wants (aka 'Back From Maine') GIVEAWAY!
(Go enter. Winner announced Monday.)
Moving on to other news...
I think I am the only writer/bibliophile in the entire world without a cat.
I admit it, I'm a dog person.
Wanna see the love of my life (husband and kid aside)? She has my heart.
She's a Bichon and she is the sweetest, happiest, cuddliest dog.
THIS accidentally came home with the Kid a couple days ago:
The Kid named her Pumpkin or Punkin...I call her Itty Bitty Kitteh. She is TINY.
And I am smitten with her.
EXCEPT...the whole cat box thing is vile.
For such a little creature, she makes a BIG STINK. Is there a magical cat litter I should be using, 'cause the stuff I bought ain't cutting it??
It appears I'm now a writer with a cat.
(I'm now a cliche)
Hmmm, what else?
I read I AM NUMBER FOUR by
Don't believe the hype. It is meh.
The plot idea is good.
I don't mind present tense, in fact, when done well, I rather love the change of pace.
The writing just wasn't there. It's cliche and adverb riddled. *sigh*
I am still drowning in Revision Hell.
In my defense, I was away on a long vacation and have since been very busy... plus I managed to critique 30+ chapters for CPs in the last month.
As of yesterday, I am focusing on my revisions. I'd like to get this book cleaned up/finished and off to my CP's before Nano, so I can start my Shiny New Idea in November.
Which brings me to this year's Nano...
Who's doing it this year? (I am)
I'd like to put together a Nano-group so we can all keep tabs on each other. So, if you're doing Nano this year and want to be part of my group, please put your Nano user name in my comments section, add some info if you'd like (genre, etc.) and I'll compile them and post it as we get closer to November.
My user name is: the-sharp-pen
Feel free to Buddy me, if you're already registered.
Back to Revision Hell. Yeah.
I write to music, as most of you well know.
Here's what I've been listening to:
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Whatcha Know About Me, Whatcha Whatcha Know (my li...
- I ♡ Fridays and Books and Words and YOU
- Revisions...and a WINNER!
- It's Friday, I'm in Love...
- Writing Mechanics Monday: Show vs. Tell
- 8 Random Bits of Love & News
- Blog Fest~ redux
- High Drama Blog Fest
- Lola's EPIC Whatever Lola Wants (or My 'Back From ...
- I Heart Gilmore Girls (and Kirk freaks me out)
- ▼ August (10)
Powered by Blogger.