Saturday, August 7, 2010
2:43 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
I'm running on almost no sleep. As in, I'm in an altered state, completely deprived. Less than 6 hours total in the last several days; averaging around 2 hours/night. I've overcommitted myself, and refuse to not meet my responsibilities on time. Thus, the quick, crappy High Drama Blog Fest 'story' of shame (in the post below this post). Since I'm embarrassed by it (again, the post underneath this post, if you must), I thought I'd at least share something I wrote for my husband a long time ago. Some of you have seen it. It too was not proofed or polished, but I did write it after a full night's sleep. (Note: It is not fiction. I don't post excerpts of my WiPs) Also, I forgot to post anything to him for our anniversary last month.
These Kinds of Days
On these kinds of days, grey misty days, I count each breath, one, two, three, until the hour I see you next. Every breath, every word I write, slowly takes me closer to 5 o'clock, closer to you. I imagine you sitting at your desk in your office across town, similarly working your way toward me. Time tick-tocking, inhaled, exhaled.
I find reasons, any reason, to say your name, the feel of it in my mouth, on my tongue, lips.
On these kinds of days I still feel the warmth of your hand on my thigh, your lips on my cheek, long after you've gone. I'm left with the scent of your skin on mine, haunting me throughout my day, distracting me from my work. I hear your laughter in my mind, its initial burst, its melodious finish, and I cannot help but smile. The want of you singing in my veins, making it impossible to concentrate on anything except the thought of you.
Every day, the sound of the garage door opening is a pitch-perfect sonata, sublime, the imminent promise of you.
Always, always, I see the love in your eyes when you look at me. Overwhelmed, I am filled with emotions that feel too big for me, emotions that make me vibrate, seismic.
I shine, twirl with the knowing of your love for me; I am beautiful, smart, light on my feet. Life is magical and ripe with possibility.
My body sweet, supple, curved to fit around yours, inviting you to rest yourself in me. Your body responds and simmers instantly. Every time.
Our embrace, your radiant smile, turn these kinds of days, the grey days, luminous and bright.
Every day with you is a gift and I am grateful beyond measure. (I love you, Husband.)
Don't forget to check out my epic giveaway contest! (and blogger is STILL tweaking my fonts/sizes.
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Whatcha Know About Me, Whatcha Whatcha Know (my li...
- I ♡ Fridays and Books and Words and YOU
- Revisions...and a WINNER!
- It's Friday, I'm in Love...
- Writing Mechanics Monday: Show vs. Tell
- 8 Random Bits of Love & News
- Blog Fest~ redux
- High Drama Blog Fest
- Lola's EPIC Whatever Lola Wants (or My 'Back From ...
- I Heart Gilmore Girls (and Kirk freaks me out)
- ▼ August (10)
Powered by Blogger.