Thursday, June 17, 2010

They're Real...and They're Spectacular!



I was thinking today about how my blog friends are REAL friends too.  We use this modern technological way to find each other and come together from all over this planet because of our shared love of writing and reading. We share pieces of ourselves with each other, we cheer each other on, we make each other laugh and think and cry. This writer's community we have here is spectacular. Thanks for allowing me to be part of it. 

Speaking of spectacular friends...

My dear friends Jon Paul from Where Sky Meets Ground and Tara from Feel Of Something New  both gifted me with the JOURNEY AWARD recently:

  

Thank you JP and Tara. You are both truly friends, real and spectacular.

This is award is to be passed on to those who are helping me along on my writing journey.

Honestly, each of you help me along, in your unique way, so feel free to grab it and pass it along. 

But since I'm told I must pass this along, I shall pass it on to those friends who make a point to reach out to me, who in some unique way inspire me, who truly do help me along this writing journey (in no order):

Portia at Portia Sisco
Carolina at Carol's Prints
Laurel at Laurel's Leaves
Elliot Grace at  So close, but...

And, honestly, every single one of YOU. 

(I can't link all 300+ of you or my fingers will fall off and I'll never get to pee or bathe... so consider yourself tagged!)



Sweet Janet at Janet Sumner Johnson kindly awarded me with the Sunshine Award:

Thank you Janet!
I'd like to pass this award on to the FUNNY Fran at Being Me


These two delightful ladies, j.leigh.bailey at Stories of the Drakon  and Tessa at Tessas Blurb both gave me the Versatile Blogger Award:

Thank You ladies! I'm grateful.

The rules of this award are: share seven things about yourself and pass it on to fifteen Versatile Bloggers that you follow. 

But you know I'm a bit of a rule breaker (and you can scroll down to the post below and find out all kinds of things about me you never wanted to know) so I won't waste your time here. This post isn't about me...it's about YOU, my spectacular friends!

Because this one isn't overly 'girlie' (girly?) and I'm being lazy versatile, I pass this one on to all my DUDE Friends. So if you're a male, I bestow this green award upon you, kind sirs.

Moving on...


Man oh man are there some INCREDIBLE CONTESTS (Nicole's Viva La France Contest for example!) out there right now with spectacular prizes!

See my CONTEST Sidebar------> 
GO click on each of them and enter! 
Not only might you win free swag, but more importantly, you may make a new friend!

Guinevere - 200 follower contest! AWESOME Prize Packs, get over there now!!


Vicarious Reader has a chance to win the ARC of DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver (BEFORE I FALL)!!

Shannon Whitney Messenger is giving away two $25.00 Amazon.com gift cards to help promote WriteOnCon--check out all the contest details here 
(I won her Body Finders contest! Thank you Shannon!)


Hooked on YA Books is having her Sweet 16 Birthday Bash...there are SO many books you can win!!! Please stop by and wish her happy birthday.





Laura Fitzgerald 

of Ink In All Forms is giving away LOTS of Books and Arcs! Go now!

(*I can't stop the damn underlining!*)


I hope you will go visit all these links and all the links on my contest sidebar and the links in my blogroll. 

Love,
Lola

42 comments:

Paul C said...

I agree that one makes some good blogging friends online. Glad that we can continue sharing and learning.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

I agree with you. I couldn't do this journey without the writing community.
Congratulations on all your awards. You deserve them. :)

Jen said...

Wow I'm in awe of all the linkage you've provided! Congrats on all your wonderful awards! Well deserved!!! Lola my love you are awesome!!

Alexandra Crocodile said...

Congrats on the awards and all your bloggie friends! They're certainly nice to have when you're feeling down about writing!

Also, I'm having a contest as well, it's one of those horrid 100-follower things, but there are some cool prizes. If you wanted to link to it in your contest sidebar, I'd be really grateful! The link is in my sidebar!

TechnoBabe said...

Good for you, lots of awards, and you deserve it too. Hope things are going well for you.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on all the awards!! And I totally agree with you about the blogging community and the friends we make here. It's an excellent community and I am so glad to be a part of it.

Ann Best said...

This IS such a wonderful and supportive community. I'm glad to be part of it, too.

Cheeseboy said...

You do deserve every award you get. Thanks for letting me follow your awesome bloggingnesses.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Congrats on all your awards,Lola. You deserve them. :D

Jeff King said...

Thx for all you do...

Heather said...

I love that quote, 'good friends are like stars...' I've got to tell you, the friends I've made through blogging and Twitter are the best! They're always there when I need them and are always willing to help!

Mason Canyon said...

I so love your first paragraph. No truer words were ever spoken or written. It is amazing and spectacular how bloggers come together for each other and the bloggers friends offline.

Congratulations on all your awards, so well deserved. Thanks for some great new links to check out.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Corinne said...

The community that comes along with blogging is so incredible :) The support... amazing!

Alissa said...

Congratulations on all your awards and to all the award winners!

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Congrats on your awards! The blogging buddies in our community rock my world, too. My day-to-day life is just plain happier thanks to you, and people like you who make me smile. Thanks for being awesome!

Thanks, too, for my contest's shout-out!!

((hugs)) Nicole

KarenG said...

LOL Ideal use of a Seinfeld joke!!

DL Hammons said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you. And this isn't just a bunch of people running around giving each other high-fives and group hugs, these are colleagues who push us to become better writers and critiquers. I am so lucky to have been adopted by this community and gotten to know you personally as a writer, and a human being.

Congrats on your awards (obviously deserved) and YAY to the other recipients!

Lola Sharp said...

See what I mean? Just read all of your comments.

You guys are truly lovely.

I'm so honored to be part of so many wonderful writers, wonderful people.
Thank you.

And Karen---Thanks ;)

Love,
Lola

Palindrome said...

I was hoping to read about boobs. Where's the boobs?

awwww, thanks, lady! You are awesomER!

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats on all your awards! I agree, you do deserve them. It is amazing to come to know so many beautiful, wonderful, giving individuals through this whole blogosphere.

Jemi Fraser said...

You're one well-loved lady - Congrats on all the well-deserved awards :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on your awards!

I loved that Seinfeld episode. Yes, blogger buddies can be real friends too. I even have some I have e-mail correspondence with. And I met in few in Ireland. They were friends in real life too.

Amanda Sablan said...

I was about to give you the Versatile Blogger Award, but then I saw someone else beat me to the punch! :) Congrats!

Elliot Grace said...

...poor Jerry, had a chance to score with Terri Hatcher...and muffed it up:)

Thanks so much, Lola. This is indeed a wonderful writing community, supportive and generous with feedback and advice.

Here's hoping endless hours of hard work pays off and we all see our novels on Wal-Mart shelves:)

Clara said...

Congrats on the awards, they are well deserved!!!! And you are having a contest!!! *runs to it!*

And yes, it´s so good to feel the love from our fellow bloggers, its really wonderful! =D

Old Kitty said...

Congratulations with your fab awards!!!

Friends are indeed to be treasured and loved and showered with many gifts and treats! :-)

What a sweet post!

Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on all the awards!

Vicki Rocho said...

I just wish my blogging buddies lived nearby so we could get together for lunch or whatever. (sigh)

Congrats on all those lovely awards!

Have a great weekend!

Piedmont Writer said...

Thank you Dearest for the lovely award and congratulations for all of yours. You deserve them.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Happy Weekend! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Thank you so much - you know how much I love you, right? You are my Alpha-my WolfPack leader, my friend and my CP.

Besides who else can finish the line so beautifully - What do tigers dream of, when they dream_______________?

;o)

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Watery Tart said...

I love a nice innuendoey title... And you're so right--I think for writers especially, these blog formed friendships are real... we are people, after all, who communicate better by writing.

Congrats on the awards and thanks for the contest links!

Samantha Bennett said...

So agree that this writing community is pretty much amazing. And encouraging. :) Congrats on all your awardness!

Carol Kilgore said...

Wow! Loads of links :)
Congratulations on your awards.

Erica Mitchell-Spickard said...

Between you and Stina I have a bajillion links to go through today, but fun links. So true I'm new to the community (only month ish now) but the support is amazing. I know you already got awarded the Versatile one, but I just awarded it to you on my blog. Still count's right ;) Congrats on the awards and have a great weekend :D

Wendy Ramer said...

Love that first photo w/ the Emerson quote. And, if I can say in blog terms, love you too ;-)

Fran said...

Woohoo! Come home Friday night, shattered, and wondering whether to go to bed and sleep until Monday morning, and then I get an award! Now I feel all woohoo!

JEM said...

Hooray! Much love back at ya, Lola. I love the blogging community specifically because I've built friendships here that are distilled down to a strong shared element: the love of writing. And the shoes in your profile pic. Let's prioritize here.

Susan Fields said...

I feel so blessed to be part of this blogging community, I've met some fantastic "real" friends this way! Congrats on your awards and thanks for all the links. :)

Terresa said...

Love the blog contest links, thanks for those. And the quote about stars and friends...

Hope your weekend rocks!

Portia said...

Aww, shucks, thanks Lola! :-) You always have the power to make me smile.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Lola, you are a gem. Thanks so much for passing along such a beautiful award. I'm honored that you consider me a support to your journey. It's been a pleasure to get to know you. And I'm not surprised at all that you received this award. You are yourself an inspiration and an immeasurable source of support. Many thanks, sweetheart. And thanks for the contest links!

Falen said...

awww! Thanks! And blog friends are awesome.

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

music inspires me

music inspires me

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.