Friday, May 21, 2010
11:38 AM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
Happy Friday, Friends!
I have So much Love to share today!
First, I have to catch up posting some (way overdue) Awards I've been lucky enough to receive from many kind, yummy friends...I hope you'll go check their blogs out, make some new friends:
Lydia Kang MD at The Word is My Oyster awarded me:
Lydia is not only a Physician AND writer (and mom, wife and blogger!) but she also is running a generous CONTEST! (see my contest sidebar, or just click her link! Go ENTER now...and good luck!) Lydia's Medical Monday posts are informative and extremely helpful to making our fiction ring true. Her blog is a MUST read for every writer.
I'd like to pass it along to:
Theresa @ Substitute Teacher's Saga (learn all about her recent writer's conference experience)
Laurel @ Laurel's Leaves (as a pro editor, you'll enjoy learning about writing mechanics at her wonderful blog)
And the lovely Angie Paxton (love me some Angie...and she's got a full out on sub, so go wish her luck!)
Anne @ Piedmont Writer (because she and her blog are lovely)
Mary @ Mary McDonald (always interesting posts)
The sweet Laura Marcella at Wavy Lines for awarded me the Sunshine Award:
Laura's a sunshiny person, and her blog is a LOT of fun! I adore her.
I'm giving it to:
SarahJayne @ Writing in the Wilderness
Jem @ Can I Get a Side of Reality With That?
Nicole @ One Significant Moment at a Time
I received the the yummy Sugar Doll Award from the always funny T.J. Carson
T.J. is a LOT of fun, go check it!
and I'm passing it on to:
DL Hammons of Cruising Altitude (you know you're a sugar doll to us, DL)
My dear friend, Anne @ Piedmont Writer gifted me with the BFF Award!
I wish we really were dressed up in our Sunday hats and sharing a cocktail right now! You know I adore you, Anne.
I'd like to pass it on to:
Jadee Morgan ...Go ENTER her CONTEST!
Portia @ Portia Sisco
Courtney @ Southern Princess
Carolyn V @ Checkerboard Squares
Clara from Pinches of Madness awarded me with this pretty Happiness Award:
I'm supposed to list 10 Things that make me HAPPY. I can do that! In no particular order:
1) my bichon
2) my husband
3) hearing my kid sing around the house (even off-key) and her laughter
4) Food: especially: bread and butter pickles, dark chocolate covered pretzels, coffee, lobster and champagne, tomato sandwiches (w/ hellman's [sp?] mayo) and sweet tea
5) the beach and sunshine
6) twinkle lights and fireflies
7) friends, especially when they make me laugh
8) a good book
10) Disney World
I'd like to pass it on to:
Amy @ She Writes
Tahereh @ Grab a Pen - Check out her Brain Imploding CONTEST!!
Kazzy @ Kazzys Ponderings
and to...the awesome B.Miller @ B. Miller who not only makes me HAPPY is running a PAY IT FORWARD CONTEST!! Please go check it out! It's truly special.
Whew! *wipes brow* That's a lot of linkage! I probably forgot some awards...I'm sorry. I try to keep track, I really do. Please know that I'm grateful for each of you.
On another note: If I am not visiting your blog or following you, please let me know!
Some of you don't have working links to your little icon for me to follow you back to your blog.
Happy Weekend and Happy Writing!
Off to do my weekend frolicking...
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- ▼ May (8)
Powered by Blogger.