Tuesday, April 20, 2010
7:57 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
I'm up to my elbows in it.
When I'm sitting quietly with my thoughts, I imagine revisions not unlike performing surgery. Or pruning bonsai. Any growth that does not belong gets eliminated. Every word must be justified, or snipped. Every sentence, every paragraph, every chapter edited to its most honest, authentic shape.
I will be limiting my time online for the next few weeks, posting and commenting only sporadically (once or twice a week). I need to retreat into my writing self for a little while.
One last note, I am looking for 2-ish serious critique partners/beta readers, in which I will give the same in return. If you are interested, please contact me via e-mail to further discuss: authorlolasharp at gmail dot com.
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Let's Talk About Words, Baby, Let's Talk You and M...
- Humpday Hodgepodge: Linkage, Pimpin', Swag, Wolfpa...
- Writing Mechanics Monday
- Critique Group Update...
- Manuscript Revision: Write Fast, Edit Slow
- It's Friday, I'm in Love...Link Love, Wolfpack Lov...
- Double Tap, and Droolage!
- A Love Note to my Husband
- Tangled Up In Plot Knots and My Famous Procrastina...
- Whatever Lola Wants, Lola GIVES! So Tonight I Make...
- Cue the Harps, Sausage, and What? What Muffled Scr...
- I'm Back, iPad, Writing and Other Adventures...
- ▼ April (12)
Powered by Blogger.