Thursday, April 15, 2010
1:06 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
Send the Writer's Hitman after me, because I am being a bad, bad girl.
I'm now in Advanced Procrastinating mode.
(*A couple posts down you will find that I am in Revision Hell and have been employing a few all of my Famous Procrastinating Techniques. The comments are worth reading. Apparently YOU all have some creative Justifiable Procrastinating Techniques in your arsenal as well!)
Gone are the Justifiable Procrastination Methods of washing the baseboards, scrubbing all 3 toilettes twice a day, alphabetizing my (thousands of) books, cleaning out the silverware drawer.
That is SO last week.
Monday, I swear, I really did open that ugly 20 pound, 5" thick tome (tomb!) on the PATRIOT Act, took one look at a page full Acronyms From Hell (AFH), written by Satan himself, and promptly fell asleep on page one.
The drool pooling under my cheek woke me up.
Dude, this sh*t is BO-RING.
Advanced DEFCON 1 Procrastination!
(DEFCON, FYI, stands for DEFense CONdition for the USNF, er, the United States Nuclear Forces)
Whereby I release myself of all guilt and surf the web for Eye Candy!
(maybe we can justify this as potential character sketch material? research?)
Squeee...Mad Men Hotness! (MMH?)
Paul...man, oh man...damn, the things I'd...
...he was so handsome. And these don't even show his best feature.
His blue eyes.
Danny Boy!! (Roxy...are you with me? Your muse has never looked more tasty!)
(I hope the Writer's Hitman, when he comes for me, looks like Danny here.)
These don't show Dan's lovely blue eyes either.
Not the best picture of Ryan, but I just adore him.
Oh Johnny...this is one of my favorite photos of you.
Brandon Boyd! (Tara, you with me, girl?!)
I don't know who this beautiful man is, nor do I know who took this gorgeous photograph.
I found all these photos on random fan or kids tumblr sights, none of them, sadly, had any photo credits.
And for the gentlemen who prefer woman...
Okay, friends, I promise to get back to something literary and intellectual SOON.
Thanks for being a part of my procrastinating.
If only researching laws on privacy acts was as fun as finding pretty pictures of pretty people!
Tomorrow the WINNER of my WOLF PACK CONTEST (link on my sidebar) shall be announced!!
You still have a few hours left to enter!
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Let's Talk About Words, Baby, Let's Talk You and M...
- Humpday Hodgepodge: Linkage, Pimpin', Swag, Wolfpa...
- Writing Mechanics Monday
- Critique Group Update...
- Manuscript Revision: Write Fast, Edit Slow
- It's Friday, I'm in Love...Link Love, Wolfpack Lov...
- Double Tap, and Droolage!
- A Love Note to my Husband
- Tangled Up In Plot Knots and My Famous Procrastina...
- Whatever Lola Wants, Lola GIVES! So Tonight I Make...
- Cue the Harps, Sausage, and What? What Muffled Scr...
- I'm Back, iPad, Writing and Other Adventures...
- ▼ April (12)
Powered by Blogger.