Monday, March 29, 2010

Unwell (blogger and I), Revisions and other disasters

Is is just me or is blogger being super buggy today? Suddenly there are random X's where pictures should be. Not just on my blog, but others I visit, too. :(



I suppose it is fitting, because I also am buggy today. I woke up with the combo-platter of maladies, a vicious sore throat, stuffy, achy, feverish. Gratefully, no side order of intestinal ailments. I haven't crawled out from the blankets much. We have heavy rain here, which has been conducive to sleeping, and general sloth-like lazing. I'm a hot mess. Literally*.

(*please note that I believe I have never used the word "literally" in so much as one post. I say this, because I find it supremely annoying when people [over]use it, often incorrectly. That commercial airing right now for Dodge Caravan "literally giving birth to all other mini-vans"...dude. I'd literally like to see that non-mammal Caravan squeeze a Ford Aerostar out its hoo-ha. Would it be covered in motor oil and other fluids?)

For those of you that have graciously bestowed Awards on me last week...I know, I am very behind.



I am truly grateful. Honest. In the last 5-6 days I have received over a DOZEN Awards from you lovely, gorgeous, handsome, sweet people. I do not feel up to all that linkage today, I know you understand. I'll get to them soon.

My Weekend Frolicking in Review:
-Ate my weight in cupcakes and muffins
-Spent time with friends
-Spent an obscene amount of money on books at B&N. Here are a just few of the books I purchased:

 The Song Is You by Arthur Phillips;

The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro:


(YA):  Laviathan by Scott Westerfeld

--Watched a few movies last night, since I was already starting to feel the crud creeping:
~Brothers, which was better than I anticipated. Jake was cute, natch, and Toby did some excellent acting. But the scene stealers for me came from the little girls. The older little girl blew me away with her acting. IMDB gave it a 7.4, I think, and I will agree with that. Not more than that though.
~Up In The Air, which was funny and okay. Nothing amazing. But the cheater chick pissed me off, as did the overall sadness of people losing their jobs.
~Masterpiece last night (Sharpe) was fair-ish. (IMO)

--I did work a bit on my revisions. I am just about done with this WIP. It is almost ready to fly the coop. However I still have no title (aside from the always clever WIP#3) for this one. I suck at titles. So much pressure to get it right.

Okay, I really don't feel like my spunky self, so I shall sign off wishing you a wonderful rest of your Monday (and to my friends down under, I wish you a delightful Tuesday)!

Back to the horizontal position as I take to my bed...


Love,
Lola

26 comments:

Niki said...

aww poor you :o( hope you get better soon. XX

Portia said...

Yes, blogger is very buggy today! Sorry you are unwell too. Get some rest and get better. And congrats on the awards!

TechnoBabe said...

I thought it was just my computer and I proceeded to clean it out. I is a little faster which is always welcome but after a nap everything was working better again. huh. Wassup with that???
Get more rest and read and sleep and feel better.

mo.stoneskin said...

You watched three movies ,probrably read a couple of books, and all the while when sick?!

Summer said...

Rx: Eat more cupcakes, read more books, cuddle more in blankets, preferably with mounds of pillows about.

You can trust me. I write about doctors.

Mia said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon! Yeah... the pictures are all weird everywhere. Glad to hear that's not just my computer being funny but peeved that Blogger has gone all moody on us!

I felt the same way about Up In the Air, although I also kept accidentally calling one of the characters Jessica because she was in Twilight and I couldn't see her as anyone else to be honest...ooops. :S

Lol, I actually came over here to bestow upon you the Sunshine Award thing. Don't worry, you can save it for a rainy day though because you already have a fair few awards to get through :~)

Feel better!

E. Elle said...

It's amazing how you can be feeling as horrible as you do and still post such interesting things. Get well soon!

Piedmont Writer said...

Get well Princess.

KarenG said...

Thanks for adding the book covers. It was like I went shopping at B & N, too! I shared in the thrill of buying new books, even vicariously. Hope you're feeling better soon!

sarahjayne smythe said...

Sorry to hear you're unwell, but go!you! with the awards. Hope you're feeling better soon and good luck with the revisions. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You'd certainly be comfy on that bed!

And yes, I noticed missing images across blogger today...

Tara said...

I'm with ya - feel like crap today, myself. You did better than I...no blog post at all.

Feel better!

Christi Goddard said...

I'll take the blame for the buggy pictures. I've always tried to stick to just one, maybe two if it's awards, but I posted five.

I broke blogger. It's okay to throw rotten vegetables.

Now I want stew...

DL Hammons said...

Chicken soup.

Always works for me. Hope you feel better soon.

I've read The Strain. Really good and definitely not your Twilight or True Blood vampires!! Only downside is having to wait for the sequel.

She Writes said...

Whew! I thought my computer was acting up! Rest and enjoy the reading time :).

Kazzy said...

You look gorgeous lying on your fancy bed. HAHA. I really can't wait until I can read more and watch more movies. School..... grrrrrr

I hope you feel better soon.

Wendy Ramer said...

I'm so glad to know it wasn't just my computer refusing to show pics and substituting them with those annoying "X"s. And I hope you feel much better soon.

Tawna Fenske said...

Ditto on the blogger problems Monday. It was eating people's comments on my blog and making photos go missing.

Hope you feel better soon!

Tawna

Greenfingers said...

You deserve those awards Lola. And yes, Bloggy thing has been buggy lately to!
And 'Up In The Air?' - good, but a wee bit overrated I thought.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear of your illness. Stupid lurgy. I am sending it seriously awful hate-you vibes right now. Perhaps I will scare it right out of you, literally.

Sounds like you got a lot done before the lurgy struck, though. Now that's awesome!! Always look on the bright side.

Don't you just love peppy, positve people? Doesn't my happy glass-half-full energy make you feel less ill?

On that note, congrats on your bucketload of awards!!

B. Miller said...

Lola! I hope you feel better soon. As you were describing your ailments, I began to feel guilty. I wonder if I passed my crud on to you through the internets? ;)

(BTW the image of a minivan birthing a smaller minivan, combined with the word "vaj", made me laugh out loud. People in the office are looking at me weird. Ha!)

Thanks for posting, and I hope you feel better soon!!

Talli Roland said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! I love that you had lotsa cupcakes last weekend. Cupcakes are what the weekend's all about.

Get well!

Susan Fields said...

Feel better soon! A dozen awards in 5-6 days? Awesome - congrats!

Lola Sharp said...

Thank you all for the well wishing.
Still down for the count.

Shelley Sly said...

Yikes, sister! I hope you feel MUCH better ASAP!! I'm sick with something nasty too, and I'm getting really fidgety being out of work and just lying around. Get well soon! <3

Terresa said...

Feel better! The new books look delightful. If you makes you feel any better, we've been hit with a serious case of allergies, my kids included. Happy Spring...right.

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Search

Loading...

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

NaNo '13 Word-o-Meter

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

Jared = YUM

Jared = YUM

Radiohead=brilliant

Radiohead=brilliant

Music Inspires

Music Inspires

I ♡ Regina

I ♡ Regina

Writing to Snow Patrol

Writing to Snow Patrol

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.