Monday, March 1, 2010
9:51 AM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
On to reading and writing:
As I promised in an earlier post, I'd let you know what I thought of An Expensive Education by Nick McDonell-- considering how young he is, (though well educated -elite prep schools and Harvard- and well travelled, due to being born into wealth--and his godfather a bigtime publisher, oh, and he is good looking.) he is no fraud. He can write. My only problem with this book is that he bounces around between so many characters (which I wouldn't mind, but...) he never gives us a chance to know or care about them. So, there you go.
On the flip side, I decided to watch the movie UP...and I sobbed, SOBBED! A CARTOON had me caring so deeply about the characters that within the first 5-10 minutes I was making snot bubbles. (and no, it's not my 'ladies time')
On the writing front, I took the weekend off, didn't open my Word.doc even once. I spent time with my kid, read a few books, ate, and ...
Oh, if anyone watched Masterpiece Theater last night (39 Steps) I have a new crush! That lead dude-- HOT!!! So cute.
Labels: random crap
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Link Love
- Unwell (blogger and I), Revisions and other disast...
- The Rain On My Car Is a Baptism...
- Truth Revealed; Pro's Prose: Vonnegut at the Black...
- In a Zone, Awards Ceremony, Link Love, 10 Things, ...
- The Magic Of Words...
- Quickies; Badass Following Skillz; Flogging Molly-...
- The Lady Doth Protest Too Much; Vanity Wins
- March Madness...the lost hour
- Writing; eliminating the Ugly Words, Bad Habits an...
- Feels Like Rain
- Columbine: My Book Review
- There by the Willow Tree
- Frolicking About; Neil Gaiman News; Pro's Prose; M...
- Musical Monday; Policy of Truth (or music, literat...
- Why I Started this Blog; Why I'm Still Here; Showi...
- Goodbye Frigid February; Hello March!; Random Stuf...
- ▼ March (17)
Powered by Blogger.