Saturday, February 13, 2010
4:07 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
Ah love. That ever I could string together the words perfect and poetic enough, to somehow not sully or tarnish such a grand thing as love. Fortunately for the world, so many before me have done such a fine and worthy job of putting love and affection into words. And oh how I love words. They have always held me in their spell, nearly as much as love itself.
Love, it has so many meanings and yet only one. It is simple and complicated.
When I think of all love's many forms, the most important is the big, rather, BIGGEST picture love has to offer:
By that I mean love as a verb. More than the feeling/emotion itself (which can be so fickle), is the doing...the giving of love.
Allow me to expand...
~Loving the planet and all that lives upon it, being a good and gracious steward. Giving respect and care-- even when one isnt feeling it in return. (because it will come back tenfold, if only for knowing you did the right, honorable thing(s)) We get by giving, I know this to be true.
~Loving ourselves, and knowing that no one, NO ONE is better than us. Nor are we better than another.
Respecting and loving ourselves as well as others, I think, is the most beautiful gift we can give to ourselves and to the world.
Some of the most generous, loving and kind people I've ever been privileged to know have been the poorest, sickest and seemingly with the least to give.
Some of the most unkind, selfish, greedy and miserable people I've ever met have been those with so much to be grateful for (health, education, roof over ones head, money, etc). How sad for them. And the world.
Real love is changing poopy diapers.
Real love is patient.
It isn't diamonds and roses.
It's doing the work.
My point here is, if you feel you have no one to love this Valentines Day (or any other day), and that no one loves you, perhaps you aren't getting the big picture...what REAL love is. Perhaps you are failing to see all the gifts of love YOU have to offer. And, also, I love you. <3 p="">
Labels: writing; love
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Novel Revisions Survival
- Showing Some Book Love, My bookshelves
- The Flying Tomato Wins Gold!!
- Writing, REAL love, and Happy Valentines Weekend
- Writing IS Rewriting (and rewriting, and rewriting...
- Winter Writing, Movies and other Disasters
- Lloyd, Lloyd All Null and Void...
- For the Love of the BookMobile!
- ▼ February (9)
Powered by Blogger.