Friday, February 19, 2010
5:02 PM | Posted by Lola Sharp | | Edit Post
I have 10 large, full bookshelves (and many stacks), my daughter has 3 and even more stacks.
Here is a couple shelves of one of mine.
There is very little order, the only "system" is the height of the book goes on a shelf that'll allow for that size aka Cram it where it'll fit. And I sometimes try to keep an author's works together. That doesn't always work out, especially if I have small paperbacks and large hardbacks, they usually end up separated. Also, books I read a lot tend to end up in the bookshelf next to my bed. My TBR stack is on the floor next to my bed. And fiction is generally separate from nonfiction. I also mostly manage to keep my reference books together on one shelf in my office.
I just finished Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow today...man was that a wild, crazy trip!
And funny. Very funny.
I really loved it.
I worried it might be too 'scientific' for me.
Instead, it just added to the insanity of it all.
Next up...An Expensive Education by Nick McDonell.
I'll let you know.
The rest of the weekend I'll be working on my revisions.
And spending time with friends.
And catching up on sleep...
I stayed up watching the Olympics every night this week, and 6 a.m. comes early.
Last night watching the Men's Figure Skating-long program
was SO exciting! Evan brought it!
Have you been watching?
Please have a lovely and safe weekend.
- Lola Sharp
- My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Novel Revisions Survival
- Showing Some Book Love, My bookshelves
- The Flying Tomato Wins Gold!!
- Writing, REAL love, and Happy Valentines Weekend
- Writing IS Rewriting (and rewriting, and rewriting...
- Winter Writing, Movies and other Disasters
- Lloyd, Lloyd All Null and Void...
- For the Love of the BookMobile!
- ▼ February (9)
Powered by Blogger.