Thursday, December 24, 2009

Faux Poe Foes and Christmas Cheer

While spending quality time today wrangling dust bunnies and such in preparation for our up-coming Whoville Whobilation complete with Roast Beast ( prime rib), I found myself doing what I often do when doing such chores...getting lost in various nooks and crannies of my grey matter; sundry thoughts of a meaningful and meaningless nature.

First was the brief note to self of how good we have it. My little fam is healthy, happy and financially stable even in this economy. The house is festive and sparkly, the liquor cabinet is well stocked, and Santa's bag is chock full of wish list goodies for all.

But, me being the greedy, indulgent bitch that I am, instead felt a wee bit melancholy. Why? Because I want the impossible. (that is my way, my nature; I am the frog, or scorpion or...how does that little story go again?) Yeah, so, the impossible. I always want it. I want world peace and a cure for cancer. I want an end to hunger and suffering and poverty everywhere. I want all douche bags to stop being so douche-baggy. I want to hit the Mega Millions and buy my beach crib and travel the world.

But, on a smaller scale, though seemingly as impossible... the cherry on top of my Impossible Sundae if you will, I want Gilmore Girls to come back on the telly. With Amy P and all the original writers and cast. I miss the SH. I miss Kirk, and A Movie By Kirk. I miss both faux Poe's. I miss Michele and his ennui and caustic Paris. I miss smart, witty writing that isnt dumbed down, down, down.

So, in closing, my Christmas/Festivus Miracle would be to end all war and hunger and hang out in the SH...impossible.

I'll settle for chocolate cake.

And books.




      May All Your Christmas Miracles come to fruition!
Peace and Love,
lola

0 comments:

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

music inspires me

music inspires me

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.