Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful; WIP/Nano WordCount; Luddite Loser (but I'll learn!), and Nano-Writers Unite!

I am on track with my WIP (still no title...but maybe looking for something about/with the word "moment(s)"), I am closing in on 40,000 and should go over that today. I will work on it all day Friday and Sat., the goal to be over the 50G mark by Sat. night. I am sure my writing will get sloppier as each hour passes. I found myself turning contractions back into the 2 words today. How you like them apples? (are there shades of grey in cheating?)

Once this month is over, I'd love to stay in touch w/ our Nano/writers group through our blogs. We should all link together and subscribe to each other. (I'm still brand new to this blogging thing, so I dont really know how to do all that...what is RSS feed??) I am fairly analog/old school/Luddite when it comes to doing more than writing an email or writing in Word.

My Thankful (for) List:

1) Kindness and love in all its forms.
2) My gorgeous, smart, healthy kid
3) Our health/wonderful life
4) My puppy, she makes me so happy
5) Our lovely home
6) Books! Well, talented authors, rather. I am so in love and grateful for well written books that make me feel, time travel, world travel, think and see. But I love the actual, tangible books too. I'll never be an e-reader. I love seeing books lined up on my shelves. I love penciling in notes in my margins. I love borrowing and loaning good books. I love reading in the bathtub.
7) As much as I am feeble with technology (luddite = me, remember), I am grateful for the web/net--it makes research so much easier, info at my fingertips is awesome. I also am grateful for so many wonderful blogs out there, people willing to share so much of their lives with us. YOU.


I'm grateful and thankful for so many, many things, and for that, I am thankful.

Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, I hope you have much to be thankful for...and I am thankful for you.

Peace out,
Lola

3 comments:

Icy @ Individual Chic said...

Heya Lola,
Congrats on making it to 50K. I made it too!

Lola Sharp said...

WoHoo! I was always a few thousand words behind you. You really kept rockin' a solid, steady pace. Congrats!

What are your plans with it? Publication?

Lola Sharp said...

Oh, Icy, I tried to go to your blog, but only your picture and headet title would load...I couldnt get the page to load.
I ave never had that problem, even with photo laden blogs.
I am totally feeble with computers and technology.So, if you have any tips for me to see your blog, please share.
(I have a mac...if that means anything.)

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

music inspires me

music inspires me

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.