Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Neil, Ostriches, Frye Pod-People, and Closing in on 17,000

Happy Sunday. I'm taking a quick breather from my story writing to write here instead.

We spent a perfect autumn day in NYC yesterday. We just did SoHo and the Village, did our part to help the economy. Ate, shopped, and strolled. The kid got a few designer pieces.

I took pictures in the soho/village Anthropologie (where I could just live...this one is so much better than the others I have been in. The one in Philly, Rittenhouse Sq., is also nice, but nowhere near as yummy as the one down in the village) of the most awesome art/statuary EVER. (maybe yours has one too?) It is two HUGE ( life size) ostriches made out of pages of books. Each piece of a page is a feather. I will download and share some time this week. if they came out. I only had my little crappy camera with me. Anyway, they always do great displays, but since it was made from books, or pages of books rather, I really fancied it.

If I saw one woman wearing Frye boots yesterday in NYC, I saw a thousand. No, more than a thousand. Seriously, every single woman was wearing skinny jeans tucked into boots, and at least 80% wore brown Frye boots. ( another 15-19% were black and heeled boots, with the remaining boot stragglers in Uggs, Fuggs, and only one pair of Docs...in the village!) And everyone had their pashmina scarves looped through and tucked just so. It was a little pod-people for the village and even soho. Very little, zero perhaps, unique attire was seen by me, except a couple models in the middle of a photo shoot wearing odd colored lipstick =  yellow and blue. (will try and post those pix too)

Neil got bumped, due to the sad Fort Hood shooting rampage.
Hopefully nothing more tragic will happen, it is so upsetting.
And hopefully he will be on next week.

Lastly, the word count is going well today, in spite of company (sacred football day) and the cleaning one must do to have said company. But since I've only had the last hour to write, I've cranked out over a 1,000 words and it aint bedtime yet. I'm pleased with the way the characters are having their wicked way with me. They are keeping my fingers typing at a nice clip. I'm sure somewhere around 30,000 I'll hit a burnout point, hope not, but just keepin' it real. When/if it happens, I'll just shove through it. I'll make them do something and they'll have to wake up and talk if they dont want me killing them off.

Let me know how you are doing on your story.

Peace out,
Lola

0 comments:

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Search

Loading...

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

NaNo '13 Word-o-Meter

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

Jared = YUM

Jared = YUM

Radiohead=brilliant

Radiohead=brilliant

Music Inspires

Music Inspires

I ♡ Regina

I ♡ Regina

Writing to Snow Patrol

Writing to Snow Patrol

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.