Friday, November 6, 2009

10,000 words...raise the roof!! (And Neil News)

Good morning my fellow writing masochists, how art thou?

Yesterday (Thursday) I went over the 10,000 word mark! Huzzah! Can I get a woot woot!

I celebrated by taking a Silkwood shower.  (Thought you might wonder why the air quality suddenly improved last night.)

Today (friday) I will churn out as much as I possibly can; it will be a non-stop writing flight from now until bedtime. There will be mental self-flogging, actual coffee injecting and much candy eating involved. But no shower. I'm good for a few days now, right? (Apple needs to invent a waterproof macbook!)

Tomorrow (saturday) we will be doing a day trip to Manhattan to shop and eat-- and so the child knows I do walk among the living. Anyway, I wont be able to do any writing tomorrow, so I must "bank" word count today to offset tomorrow's void.

Sunday Awesomeness (at least for the States...): Neil Gaiman will be on CBS Sunday Morning show. (Love me some Neil.) My Tivo is set. Go set yours.


I'll try to Polyvore with you all on Sunday, K?

I still need to put the handy-dandy-word-o-matic-o-meter-thingy on here.
And update my word count on Nano.
But first, I'm going to go crank out 5,000 words.

Pardon all typos in these posts...I'm just going for speed here folks. Brain cells are long gone.

Write on, friends, write on.
~Lola

0 comments:

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Search

Loading...

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

NaNo '13 Word-o-Meter

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

Jared = YUM

Jared = YUM

Radiohead=brilliant

Radiohead=brilliant

Music Inspires

Music Inspires

I ♡ Regina

I ♡ Regina

Writing to Snow Patrol

Writing to Snow Patrol

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.