Saturday, October 24, 2009

NaNoWriMo & this blog

 Today I started this blog and signed up for NaNoWriMo. Yep, 50,000 words in the month of November. I'm excited.
I'm excited and a little terrified.
Speed writing is not my warm and fuzzy comfort zone. You see, I'm a girl of very little brain and prefer to go and sit in my thoughtful spot and let my ideas and plot lines ferment in my fluffy head and then brew a little more in an old-school spiral notebook, all messy and scribbled in my scatch as I think, think, think.
These thoughts take time you know.
Then there are days of (time wasting) research aka Googling that needs to be done. There are lists to be made, playlists to create, characters to flesh out on notecards or sticky notes, and so on.

 Fast food writing, if you will, when I fancy myself more of a multi-course, fine dining kind of writer, well you can see where this will be a challenge for me. Thus, the loose bowels and sweaty palms at the mere thought of what I just committed myself to.
 My thoughtful spot feels more like an outpatient mental health facility now.
 I just ordered up a big old plate of crazy with a heaping side of crazy.

 In the words of Oingo Boingo (oh, and yeah, FDR might have mentioned it too), there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

I wonder if coffee sales go up in November?

On another note, I love lists. I (dys)function my life by lists. I make several lists a day. Garden variety lists, creative list, grocery lists, errand lists, TBR (to be read) lists, music lists, lists so I do things in the best prioritized order... and mostly "dont forget" lists,  you know so I dont forget things. Yet, somehow I always forget my grocery list at home when I go shopping. No laundry detergent, but hey, there's enough yogurt for a whole commune.
I have issues. I have a list of my issues. Fear not, I will not be sharing them with you.

Today's Random List--

Someday Soon
1) I'll organize my closet
2) I'll travel and write my way through Europe
3) I'll read the entire works of Shakespeare in order
4) I'll dust of my treadmill that currently is sporting a hanging shirt and mocking my thighs.
5) I'll eat less sugar and more veggies.
6) I'll forgive myself for not sticking with # 4 and # 5...especially during the aforementioned crazy month of November.
7) I'll live beach front again
8) Someone will go with me to see the Rockettes and ice skate in Central Park during a light snowfall
9) Beach people will stop trying to call nasty cockroaches "palmetto bugs".
10) I'll stop eating Coco Puffs for breakfast every morning. Or not. (whatever the age cut-off to age appropriate coco puff eating is, I assure you, I am well past it.)
11) I will have matured enough to not want to bitch-slap my laptop every time the stupid spinning rainbow beachball craps all over my mojo. I really hate that ball.
12) I'll own a pink plastic Holga. (Santa, are you listening?)
13) I can't end my list on this number, or the house might cave on me while I tried to sleep. Issues, I know.
14) No child will be hungry or in pain or unloved.

XO ~Lola

0 comments:

May your pen be mighty

May your pen be mighty

About Me

My Photo
Lola Sharp
My name is Lola. (I'm not a showgirl) Yes, L-O-L-A Lola. It's the least of my worries. Let's move on, shall we? This blog is mostly about my misadventures on the journey to publication and beyond. My passion for lush prose, quirky characters, art, music, literature, performing arts and anything creative will be a major theme here. This journey of mine will not always be pretty. Much like rubbernecking a train wreck, I know sometimes you just can't help but look at the carnage that is often my life. So strap on your neck brace, helmet and 5-point harness and come along for the ride! Licentia poetica.
View my complete profile

Friends

Search

Loading...

Connect

Create the MAGIC

Create the MAGIC

"Our imagination flies — we are its shadow on the earth."

~Vladimir Nabokov

Pure Imagination

Pure Imagination

not all who wander are lost

not all who wander are lost

drink the wild air!

drink the wild air!

Shine

Shine

coffee & doodle art love

coffee & doodle art love

Real Beauty

Real Beauty

Badass Ms. Parker

Badass Ms. Parker

my zen

my zen

I write therefore I am

I write therefore I am

#winning

#winning

NaNo '13 Word-o-Meter

Nano '12 Winner

Nano '12 Winner

Jared = YUM

Jared = YUM

Radiohead=brilliant

Radiohead=brilliant

Music Inspires

Music Inspires

I ♡ Regina

I ♡ Regina

Writing to Snow Patrol

Writing to Snow Patrol

Depeche Mode Inspires

Powered by Blogger.